Are there any free courses or materials?
Free for all students
- The first two modules of most of our courses are available for free, so you don't need a subscription to get started!
- All of our short courses are also available for free.
Free for Australian students in Grades 3 to 8
- The DT Challenges created by our partner, the Australian Computing Academy, have been paid for by the federal government for Australian students in grades 3 to 8.
- Other Grok users (including students at home schools) can access these with a subscription.
Free for Australian students in Grades 7 to 12
- The Cyber Security Challenges created by our partner, the Australian Computing Academy, have been funded for Australian students in grades 7 to 12. This includes students at home schools.
- Other Grok users can access these with a subscription.
Free for students at Queensland state schools
- The QCA courses, created in partnership with the Queensland government, are free for students at state schools in Queensland. The QCA courses were written in consultation with the Queensland Coding Academy (http://education.qld.gov.au/qld-coding-academy/). There are two short courses per stage (3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10) that cover the relevant sections of the DT curriculum for those stages.
To arrange access to any free resources available to your students, simply register free student accounts.